Sunday, August 9, 2009
Needing to make a birthday cake anytime soon? Here is the BEST cake receipe EVER! (Well, according to Brayden and his baking skills.)
1 whole can of Red sprinkles
1/4 cup Shredded Cheese
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 handful of Hint of Lime Tositos (broken into lil pieces)
4 squirts of red icing in can
1. In one bowl, pour all of the red sprinkles into it.
2. In a seperate bowl, take a handful of chips and break them into small pieces. Then combine onion powder, chesse and icing with the sprinkles and stir until well blended.
3. Now combine all your ingredients, stirring vigorously.
4. Place mixture in your cereal holder. Be sure to put your other bowl on the bottom to catch the mixture. Spin the mixture until it is finished.
5. Place in microwave to bake. (Be sure not to turn the microwave on, you just pretend on this one.) As you remove the bowl, be sure to use hot pads as you remove it from the microwave.
6.In the bottom bowl, add a marshmallow to the middle of the cake. As an extra added embellishment, you can add a leaf next to the marshmallow as a decoration. Be sure to add the correct amount of candles for your celebration.
7. Enjoy your cake, your all done.
**Unfortunately there is no picture of the final result. Then again most cookbooks don't show the final results either. You'll just have to trust us on how delicious it is. =)
Don't you just love Brayden's lil concoction that he created? This is what he was "working" on as I finished my assignment tonight. He kept telling me that he was baking a cake. Lucky for him I was to focused on my assignment to stop his baking skills. He is such a lil creator! I am so thankful to have such a sweet lil guy that can be so self entertaining. =) After he went to bed, I finally got a chance to watch some "mommy shows" on the DVR and as I was scrolling down I came across a new show that we had recorded: TLC's Ultimate Cake Off I realized then thats where his new cake obsession came from. As we watched the show, he was just in aww the whole time. I think it helped that they were making shark cakes too. After we originally watched the show (it was on Monday night) I deleted it. Well of course a few days later he wanted to watch it again. Thankfully TLC repeats its shows over and over, so I was able to rerecord it this afternoon. He's going to be so excited to know we have it back on the DVR. If you didn't get a chance to see it, I would highly recommend watching it. They have some AMAZING talent along with another favorite of ours Ace of Cake on the Food Network.