I thought I would share one of my favorite summertime recipes: Fruit Pizza. I found this recipe originally from Pillsbury’s website about 8 years ago and have been making it every summer with my own lil twist. (I’m sure it could really be made all year-round if you'd like.) It is so fun and EASY to make!Prep Time: about 45 minutes (+ extra hour for refrigeration)
1 (18 oz) pkg Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie dough (I usually get whatever brand is cheapest.)
1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened (I usually get the fat free Wal-Mart brand.)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Your Fruit of choice: I use fresh strawberries, purple grapes, 2-3 kiwis, and a small can of mandarin oranges. (The original recipe used strawberries, fresh blueberries, and 1 cup fresh peach slices. I'm not into blueberries or peaches so I changed it up for my tastes.) Bananas are great with it also. To prevent the bananas from browning, I only use them if I know the majority of it will be gone within the day of preparation.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Slice cookie dough as directed on package. Then arrange slices in the bottom of an ungreased pan. I use my Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan. Press dough evenly in pan, using floured fingers if necessary.
2. Bake at 350 degress for 11-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
3. While the cookie dough is cooking and cooling I prepare the fruit. I cut the strawberries, grapes and kiwi into small edible pieces. Then I drain the mandarin orange juice and cut the slices into thirds.
4. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
5. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled cookie crust.
6. Arrange fruit over cream cheese. (I use to try to strategically place the fruit in nice, neat rows in an attempt that every piece would have each fruit. I have since discovered it is way faster and easier to just take a handful of one fruit at a time and just scatter it around the pizza.)
7. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Cut into squares and then enjoy!
8. Store in refrigerator.