Sunday, April 17, 2011

March/April Happenings Part 1

Oops..I guess it has been a couple of months since I last blogged. :( Time has just gotten away from us here lately! I was just asking Brayden if he had any blog post ideas for me, and he thinks I should write about the pool and how excited he is to go swimming this summer and that his birthday is coming up. I think I will just save his ideas for when they are a lil closer. :) Instead I will just fill you in on what we have been up to lately.

Brayden started his Spring Soccer. It has been such a great experience for him. This is his third season with the same team and I LOVE everything about his team- his teammates, coaches and the other parents. He has grown so much in soccer since last spring when he first started. Most importantly, he is having tons of FUN! It has been such an enjoyable experience for both of us that I think we will both be a lil sad in a few weeks when the season is over.


Spring Break for me was split between Jason's house and my parents house. I had a fun time visiting Jason-we explored a lil bit outside of Rogers. We went to Fayetteville to see the University of Arkansas campus and the Chi Omega Greek Amphitheatre, had a YUMMY treat at Ricks Bakery, and had dinner with some of my friends from Texas who also had an Arkansas weekend getaway. Then it was back to my parents house, just in time to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with Brayden.


Brayden played laser tag for the first time at one of his best friend's birthday party. Of course he LOVED it and can't wait to do it again.


He also went to his first little cooking class at Young Chef Academy. He ABSLOLUTELY LOVED it! It was a Kids Night Out event that they have every couple of weeks and thanks to a great deal that I got from juiceinthecity (similar to Groupon), he was able to go for only $12! More than half off the origianl price. He made pasta and cupcakes and now he thinks he is a master chef. :) He enjoyed it so much I hope to sign him up for another class or workshop over the summer.

We also went to a couple of FCDallas soccer games. Last season, Brayden LOVED going to these games so much that I got us two season tickets for this year. Our seats are close to our good friends and one of Brayden's best girlfriends so you would think that it couldn't get much better than that....unfortunately that all changed the second game of the season when fifteen minutes into the game Brayden got sick and threw up everywhere. Since this is only the third time in his life to get sick like that I guess it was pretty traumatic for him because now he does not want to go back to another game, at all. He thinks something there must have made him sick and if he goes back he will get sick again. So we'll see how the rest of the season pans out, the next game is in a couple of weeks against LAGalaxy and I am MAKING him go to that game. :) So hopefully after that, he will realize PizzaHut Arena had nothing to do with him getting sick and we can go back to having fun with our friends as we watch the soccer games.


A couple weekends ago, I traveled for the the first time to Lubbock, Texas. I am our school sponsor for Destination Imagination and we had three teams competing in the state tournament. All three teams did a great job! Two of the teams (and me) will be advancing to Globals in Knoxsville, TN at the end of May where they will be competing against teams from all over the globe. I've gone the last two years, but this year will be the first time for our school to take two teams.


The Month of March was here and over with before we even knew it! And April is going by just as fast....which is a GREAT thing because I know we are both super excited for summer to get here!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin