Sunday, April 25, 2010

Easter ~ 2010

Unfortunately, already I am a little behind on my blog posts. We have been so busy lately on top of me having a BAD case of allergies/cold that just won't seem to go away, blogging has been put aside. I'm so excited about this post because it is my 100th post! I have had my 100th post envisioned in my head for quite some time and I assumed it would be some big post/giveaway to increase my followers to 50 or more, but instead it is just going to be something simple...a recap of our Easter weekend. We went to our city Easter egg hunt and Brayden was able to visit the Easter bunny...

Then we went and sat and waited for his age group of egg hunting to begin....we waited and waited...

Then the hunt began...

His age group was 4-7, which I didn't quite agree with...preschool children with first graders. The picture above shows what an egg hunt for age 4-7 kids should look like, kids hunting for eggs...three seconds after I captured this picture ALL the parents rushed out with their child. And before I knew it, Brayden was no where to be found...my heart sunk and I started to panic. I wasn't quite sure what to do...I knew I didn't want to move to far from my spot because he knew thats where I was going to be and would come back there, but all I could see was parents. Parents...why on earth do they need to go with 4-7 year olds to "hunt" eggs that are everywhere you look?!? Now I understand parents going with 1 year olds who can barely walk, but 4-7 year olds I do not understand. As I tried my best to hold back my tears from panicking, he suddenly appeared with a pail full of eggs. Whew, what a relief!!! Next year, I think they should have an Easter Egg Hunt just for the parents and let the kids actually hunt their eggs.
After the egg hunt and his soccer game, we headed to my parents house. The Easter Bunny visited a very tired Brayden the next morning. Then he got all dressed up for church...

After church, he opened a gift from grandma and papa....a new soccer goal!
After a day of playing soccer and hunting eggs outside, we were to worn out to actually dye any eggs. Next year, I'm going to try to remember to dye them a few days ahead of time instead of waiting until Easter day. There just isn't enough time in one day!
Counting all of his eggs to make sure he found them all....
He enjoyed hunting for eggs so much, he left all of his plastic eggs at grandma and papa's so he can do it again the next time he visits them. :)Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great gift a soccer goal makes for your little star - I agree with the age group - at 6 or 7 they really understand the art of the hunt! :) Have a great week!

Ludy said...

Love Easter, my children hae always so much fun going egg hunting :) Happy Holidays!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin