Sunday, September 27, 2009
I was recently honored again with the Honest Scrap Award...this time Six in One Hand Madness in the Other passed it on to me. =)She has some really great decorating and DIY tutorials, if you get a chance check out her great blog.
Here are the rules that must be followed upon receiving this award:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
So, without further adieu.....
1) I would LOVE to be an official party planner and/or giftwrapper. I LOVE creating themed events/gifts.
2) I am so excited that I only have 3 more classes (or 3 more midterms, 3 finals and 15 assignments) to go before I can officially say I have a Masters of Education in Teacher Leadership.
3) According to Brayden I'm getting married!....to him. =) He drew a cute picture of us holding hands and said it was a picture of us getting married. He even pulled out a ring for each of us to have a "married ring" from his pirate treasures. (Isn't he so precious!)
4) This last week at school, on one particular day and within an hour of each other, I was exposed to both headlice (with eggs) and the H1N1 virus....Oh, the joys of being a teacher. On the bright side, I'm helping keep Lysol in business. =)
5) This week alone I have gotten corrected by Brayden TWO times. He asked me what a particular work truck was next to us at a stoplight. So I gave the girly answer "a cement truck." He instantly replied with attitude, "No, mommy it's not a cement truck...cause it's not spinning!" (Of course, he was right.) Then one night we were playing outside I told him to look up at an airplane. He replied, "No mommy it's not an airplane...it's a jet." Again, he was right and I apparently need to brush up on my skills of distinguishing transportation vehicles.
6) I just switched cable/internet companies from Time Warner Cable to ATT Uverse and I LOVE it!!! I highly recommend it if you have it available in your area.
7) I need/hope to begin an exercise program soon but usually find any and every excuse possible to do the total opposite.
8) I LOVE to cook but HATE to do dishes...so sadly this leads to a lot of frozen meals at our house.
9) As I type this I am watching the movie Prom Night that I recorded from Starz. If your into teenager/scary/jumpy kind of movies...it's been pretty good, especially for FREE.
10) Last but not least and to show how completely I honest I am with these I thought I would share an embarrassing story with you guys. A couple of weeks ago Brayden was studying patriotism at school. One of the things they learned was the Pledge of Allegiance. So on our way home one evening I asked him if he could say it for me. He got as far as "I Pledge Allegiance under God and indivisible." So I tried to help him out--only I realized I was completely confused myself and couldn't say it! I know, I probably shouldn't have admitted to that but I feel I have a valid reason for my short brain amnesia. See in Texas we also have to daily recite a Texas pledge (we're only 1 out of 2 states that have their own pledge)...The words are: "Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible." So do you see how I could get a little tongue tied/confused? I was getting the two mixed up/combined with each other. It made me feel better when I called my mom to help us but she kept getting confused too. (Sorry mom) I instantly thought we were one of those people that Jay Leno always seems to find who can't answer the most obvious questions. Just to set the record straight, I did just fully recite the pledge in my head with no problems and no outside help. =)
If you enjoyed my honesties...here is a link to my original list.
I'd like to pass the award on to a few blogs I recently started following to hopefully get to know them a little better: