Monday, April 26, 2010

Ice Skating Lessons

Earlier tonight Brayden had his first ever ice skating lessons. His class was perfect for him! It is a class of 4 boys, and two of the other boys have the same goal in mind as Brayden...HOCKEY! It was so cute to watch them, I can't wait to see what they will be skating like at the end of the five weeks.
Side Note: Brayden INSISTED on wearing his "hockey outfit" to his lessons. I gave in and let him wear it. I decided it just wasn't quite worth the fight. He'd have to learn the hard way how cold it was in there and that shorts just aren't appropriate. :) I asked him when he was done if he wished he had pants on instead..."of course not, I have to wear my hockey outfit". Here are a couple of short videos I took of him:

The laughing in the background is a couple sets of grandparents that were really enjoying watching Brayden's class. :)

* PreWarning for this video...tilt your head sideways to view. :) Not quite sure what I was thinking when I recorded it.



Overall, he had so much fun he did not want to leave!! Afterwards we had to go the other rink and watch a couple of boys in their private hockey lesson. He of course enjoyed every second of watching them. At one point, one of the boys came outside of the rink to take a break, Brayden when and sat right next to him. He just looked at him in amazement. It was so cute, I could almost see him envisioning himself in the hockey uniform.
**************************
Usually on the weekends we stay pretty busy, but this week we have added a few things to our schedule that he is really looking forward to.
On the agenda for this week:
* Tuesday- Order his birthday cake and purchase other last minute party supplies
* Wednesday- Allen American's Hockey Playoff game. I'm really excited about our tickets to this game. Thanks to some buy 1 get 1 free tickets that they were giving away at the FC Dallas game, I splurged and got us tickets right behind the players. I think we are 2 rows behind them. I can't wait to see his reaction to being that close to the players the whole game.
(I'm not looking forward to Thursday morning when I have to go wake him up for school. Last week when we went to the FC Dallas game on Thursday night we had a 5 minute argument Friday morning that it WAS a school day and not a home day.)
* Thursday- Soccer Practice
* Friday- Another Allen American's Hockey Playoff game. This game should be exciting too because I got us tickets in our usual section (behind the goal) on the third row. We have never got to sit quite that close (well other than Wednesday's night game).
* Saturday- Neighborhood Pool Party to open the pool for the season, Brayden's soccer game at 2:15, Brayden's Birthday Party at 5:00-6:30 and then at 7:30 we are taking my parents to the last hockey game of the season in Allen. It should be a lot of fun, game 6 of the series and we have row 2 seats behind the goal. Thanks again to the buy 1 get 1 free tickets. :)
* Sunday- Rest and recooperate for the last 24 days of school (only 15 for Brayden.)

Looking ahead:
3 weeks til we travel to Beaumont, TX for my graduation weekend and 5 weeks until I travel to Knoxville, TN for a week long school trip.....Whew, is it summer yet?!?
Photobucket

1 comment:

He & Me + 3 said...

Where have you been? Glad you are back. Cute ice skater you have there. He looks so adorable.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin